Low hydrogen T-8 self-shielded, all positional flux-cored wire, producing a stable arc and flat bead profile, especially suited for vertical-up welds at high currents with excellent mechanical properties and tensile strength of 490 MPa.
Capable of depositing X-ray quality welds, making it highly suitable for critical welding applications requiring a high degree of crack resistance due to its low diffusible hydrogen levels, less than 6.7ml per 100g of weld metal deposited.
XLR-8 has been designed for single and multi-pass welding applications with improved productivity in out of position welding, offering high impact strength of (42J) at sub-zero temperatures to -40˚C.
Specifically designed for increased productivity and high deposition rates on challenging structural steel erection, heavy equipment repair, mining equipment, bucket repairs, storage tanks, pipe spooling, ship construction and site work applications.
- Welds Out of Position at High Currents
- Low Hydrogen Weld Deposit
- Excellent Slag Removal
- No Shielding Gas Required
- High Impact Strength at Low Temperatures
- Excellent Mechanical Properties Under a Wide Range of Heat Input
- Wire Size: 1.6 mm
- Welding Current Range (A): 180 - 275
- ARC Voltage Range *(V) : 18 - 23
- Gas Type: Gasless
- Yield Stress: 469 MPa
- Tensile Strength: 579 MPa
- Elongation: 28%
PAYMENT + SECURITY
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.